Wednesday, July 14, 2021

EMCO Timeline (1-14 July 2021)

29 June: 

I heard Mentari Court will be placed under EMCO but still thought that at least 1 person was allowed to go for shopping essentials. So, I was relaxed a bit. 


30 June: 

Around 4:00p.m. finally decided to go shopping. Bought flour, yeast, tomato puree, chickpeas and red beans can from 99. After I brought them home, I headed back out for more shopping. 

Around 6:00p.m. Just realized the month of June has 30 days not 31 and only 2 hours left to buy groceries. I did not yet buy creamer, hoping I could buy from the shops inside Mentari Court compound itself. 


1 July: 

Around 4:00p.m. I checked the shops inside the compound and found that out all the shops and restaurants were closed. Police stated: only online transactions for online shopping is allowed, not even cash on delivery is allowed. Regardless, I did not even take any cash from my account. Also found out couldn't use my card for online shopping as it is registered with my old number. 

Around 7:00 p.m. donations of 10kg rice, 2 pack of palm oil, 1kg sugar, 800 g flour delivered to our flat.


2 July: 

After the medical officer put a blue wristband with my identity card number written on it around my wrist, I did the swab test. Only they are allowed to remove it on the 14th July. 

In the afternoon, I made homemade mayonnaise using the donated palm oil.  


3 July: 

Ran out of creamer for coffee! I blame myself for buying cider instead of creamer, realizing its best not to consume alcohol before and after the vaccine. 


4 July: 

I received the test results: negative! Waiting period for the vaccine started! 

Around 5:00p.m. we received donations of a pack of 25g turmeric with a bag of vegetables (2 cucumbers, 1 carrot, 1 cabbage, tomato, lady fingers and green chili padi) and eggs.

After 10:00p.m. one of the florescent lamps in the room went off. Lamps aren't considered essential. 


5 July: 

Management replied: they may send a florescent lamp later, and it can only be changed by the tenant themselves not the repair staff. 

Having heavy period after 55 days! I bought a pack of period pads last month and a pack of liners on 30th June. Was worried what would happen if I ran out of period pads. Need to sew some cloth pads again! 

Around 10:00p.m. I read on the news, they'll be giving us the Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine starting from the morning of 5th July. 

Woke up late and found out boss had been waiting 1 hour for me to change the address on one of the forms. EMCO affected business hours. I can't work at night and have to wake up early morning. 


6 July: 

I woke up after 7:30 a.m., couldn't sleep longer. Had to start work...

Around 12:00p.m. I received my first dose of vaccine! Waiting to say "Silenzio Bruno" to any side effects that dare show up!

Running out of chicken! I cooked the last portion of chicken with donated lady fingers.

After 7:00 p.m. finally got fresh milk donation for coffee, big relief!   


7 July: 

Around 10:00 p.m. I felt tired & hot, my head was shaking. My body temperature dropped to 35.5 Celsius degree. 

I read some people in Germany, advising government to fine those who are escaping their second dose of vaccine. Let's see how they manage our second dose vaccine. 


8 July: 

My body temperature is still around 35.5 Celsius degree. 

Since yesterday, I'm trying to stop talking about EMCO situation, as it just enhanced my stressful thoughts. 

After 9:00 p.m. I decided to make cucumber & cabbage salad and use the mayonnaise as salad dressing. The mayonnaise solidified in the fridge and after it melted, tasted more like oil than mayonnaise. Waste of time and effort :(


9 July:

I cooked the second carrot with minced chicken meat. My inner bunny has to fast again until further notice :(


10 July:

Receiving another box of eggs: finally the chicken or the egg question has been answered. 


11 July:

Milk-less now, entering black coffee season again! 

After 12:00p.m. the medical officer snipped off our blue wristband and gave a green release paper.


12 July: 

It's official! Today is our last day of EMCO. 

After 11:30 p.m., apartment dwellers started celebrating the ending of EMCO with fireworks. 


13 July:

Finally went out to do some grocery, bought paper cups to make cupcakes. 




Covid-19 virus had an enormous feast, 11019 cases recorded. Health GD requesting people to stay home. There's a possibility of extending EMCO due to increasing Covid-19 cases on EMCO areas. 


14 July:

Covid-19 is a very gourmand virus. Yesterday it had a new record of 11618 cases!

Due to EMCO, all shops are closed and repair staff cannot change the florescent lamp in the room.

17 July:

EMCO ended in Selangor yesterday. The repairman came to replace the lights this morning. Happy ending

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invisible god vs visible god

 I always wonder how followers of Abrahamic religions came out with the idea of an "invisible god". This Saturday afternoon lookin...